Violating Custody Agreement

Due to the significant consequences of an offence, a parent who has been informed or notified of a potential child custody/access offence may immediately speak with a lawyer for child visits. This type of lawyer can order you the best way to proceed and can represent you in formal court hearings. In addition, and perhaps more importantly, violations of a custody/access order may result in a loss of parental rights of the parent who is being violated. If they are a parent guardian, they may lose custody of the child or reduce their custody. If they are a non-custodial parent, they may lose some or all of their access rights (and perhaps the custody they have). If a person is not respected for non-compliance with the court custody order, he or she risks the following penalties: you cannot change your agreement with your former spouse yourself. However, you can request that the court grant an amendment to the agreement to better meet your family`s needs. A family law lawyer can help you establish a new agreement that works for you and your former spouse and then submit it to court. At the law firms of Edward S. Cooper, Esq., our on-call team has extensive experience in handling clients in Union County, Westfield, Linden, Elizabeth, Scotch Plains, Plainfield, Union and northern New Jersey.

We understand that it can be incredibly frustrating for a legal agreement to be ignored by a co-parent. Lawyer Cooper will work closely with you and your family to find the right legal solution to your individual needs. Whether you are able to resolve your disputes outside of court or demand a dispute, we protect your legal rights from start to finish. A person who “does not intentionally comply with a custody order may be sentenced to contempt, as prescribed by the general rule,” pursuant to Section 5323(g)(1) of the Pennsylvania Statutes. Custody violations can have serious consequences and be incredibly frustrating for the party facing these violations. With the order of visitation and documentation of hurtful behavior, the non-hurtful parent has the following possibilities: for unmoiled parents or divorced co-parents, custody issues are often a top priority. Many co-parents strive to reach child care arrangements that are made, fairly and ultimately beneficial. Unfortunately, these agreements are almost enforceable. What can you do if a parent or legal guardian violates the terms of your custody agreement? If you and your spouse did not enter into an access agreement acceptable to both parties during the divorce, it is very likely that the court decided one for you.. . . .

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by admin. Bookmark the permalink.

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/7/d328811302/htdocs/teamalter/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405

Comments are closed.